Why Is the Points System Important in Australian Immigration Procedures?February 1, 2017
Australian immigration procedures are in place to help regulate permanent migration to the country in an equitable and fair manner. Australia limits visas to approximately 190,000 each year. A high percentage of these are for skilled workers, professionals and business migrants, but the rest are set aside for humanitarian and family applicants. Skilled applicants fall into two categories, namely independent and state sponsored. These applicants will need to select an occupation from the country's Skilled Occupation List or SOL. All those who apply will need to pass the country's points’ system test as part of their application process.
Overview of the Points System
The goal of the points system is to assist the authorities with the selection of the skilled immigrants in order to choose the ones who will be of a benefit to Australia's economy and skills shortage. The test that is part of this system creates an objective and transparent selection process by awarding points for attributes and skills that are needed within the country. There are various sub-classes in the visas that the points system has established to ensure that all the applicants have a fair chance to qualify for a visa as long as they can prove their skills and attributes. The pass mark under the points system is currently 60 points. Potential applicants are required to first lodge an Expression of Interest (EOI) and then wait for a Letter of Invitation to be issued before their visa applications can be lodged.
How the Points System Works
The pass mark at present is 60 points for the skilled independent, and state sponsored visas. Points are awarded for the following attributes:
- Level of English proficiency
- Employment history and experience
- Educational qualifications, including those that are obtained in Australia
- Community language skills
- The skills qualifications of a partner
- Nomination by the territory or state government or sponsorship by a valid family member on certain types of visas
Along with reaching the 'pass mark' for the visas and selecting a skilled occupation from the SOL, applicants must meet specific eligibility requirements to earn a visa such as being under fifty-years old, certain character and health requirements and at least, a competent use of the English language. The applicant's family members also need to meet certain criteria for secondary applicants.
For further facts about why the points system is important in the Australian immigration procedures or assistance with your visa pursuit, contact James Tan Immigration Consultants. We will inform you of your eligibility, and guide and assist you through the entire process. Our firm even follows up on your application to keep you informed of its progress.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Do You Really Need a Job Sponsor in Order to Get a Work Visa in Australia?
- Don't Get Caught in an Australian Visa Scam: Consult Only with Legitimate Immigration Lawyers
- Immigrating to Australia and the Advantages of Becoming an Australian Citizen
- Student Visa System in Australia: Most Common Reasons for Refusal and Rejection
- Australia's Cultural Diversity: History and Facts
- The Best Places in Australia that Would Give You all the Reasons to Immigrate to Australia
- Why Is the Points System Important in Australian Immigration Procedures?
- ARE YOU PENNY WISE BUT POUND FOOLISH?
- NEW LIMITATIONS ON APPROVAL OF SPONSORSHIPS FOR THE PARTNER AND PROSPECTIVE MARRIAGE VISA APPLICATIONS
- Looking for the Best Immigration Consultancy Firm in Melbourne? James Tan Immigration Consultants Is Your Answer
- Understanding Australian Immigration Laws
- Tips on Choosing Which State or Territory You Should Immigrate to in Australia
- The Importance of Immigration Assistance and Consultancy Services When Applying to immigrate to Australia
- AUSTRALIA - THE MOST FAVOURED COUNTRY FOR IMMIGRANTS
- AUSTRALIAN IMMIGRATON HISTORY
- What is The Immigration Criteria in Australia for Skilled Workers?
- WAENSILA’S CASE COMPELS CHANGES TO DEPARTMENT OF IMMIGRATION’S GUIDELINES ON SCHEDULE 3 CRITERIA
- Top Reasons Why People Immigrate to Australia
- How can Immigration Lawyers or Consultants Help You with Your Australian Immigration Visa?
- Sponsors For Family Visas To Be Scrutinised More Closely
- Australia Immigration: New Pathway for New Zealand Citizens to Obtain Permanent Residence in Australia