Don't Get Caught in an Australian Visa Scam: Consult Only with Legitimate Immigration LawyersJuly 31, 2017
The Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection has issued an alert to those who desire to immigrate to Australia in order to protect them from visa scams. The department issued this warning after receiving complaints that phone callers are requesting funds to expedite the progress of applications for visas. They even introduce themselves with their first name and claim to be with the Department, which is not true. Receivers of these calls state that the phone number looks official on top of this.
As part of this alert, the Department states that it will never request payment from potential immigrants over the phone. The Department also advises that anyone who is contacted in this manner to report the phone call to the Department using its citizenship and immigration online report. The people perpetrating these scams are only out for your personal information or property along with your money. All scams of this nature are illegal and can dash your hopes and dreams of immigrating to our great country when you fall for them.
Of course, other methods of scamming may also occur besides the phone ones such as through emails, internet or via Australian Post. While certain scams are easy to spot, others may be so subtle that they appear to be the real thing. To avoid these visa scams, you should only consult with a legitimate immigration lawyer. You should even ask for proof of the lawyer’s credentials such as his or her MARA registration number.
Certain people may not only ask you for money to process a visa application, but they also may provide you with the wrong information at the same time. Do not allow people to misrepresent the Department of Immigration and Border Protection. Present scams include:
- ETA work scams
- Phone scams
- Maritime scams
- Email scams
- Online romance and dating scams
- Job offer scams
- Gold or gold romance scams
You can click here for in-depth information about how to protect you from immigration scams and frauds. Also, you can trust our firm of James Tan Immigration Consultants to provide you with accurate visa information and legitimate assistance with your visa applications. We will analyse your situation and explain which visas you are eligible to apply for in Australia. Also, we will help you to complete and file all the necessary paperwork with the proper authorities and follow up to check on the progress of your applications. Our firm never scams or defrauds those who need our help.
Our mission is to assist all our clients to immigrate to Australia in a timely, helpful and effective manner.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Do You Really Need a Job Sponsor in Order to Get a Work Visa in Australia?
- Don't Get Caught in an Australian Visa Scam: Consult Only with Legitimate Immigration Lawyers
- Immigrating to Australia and the Advantages of Becoming an Australian Citizen
- Student Visa System in Australia: Most Common Reasons for Refusal and Rejection
- Australia's Cultural Diversity: History and Facts
- The Best Places in Australia that Would Give You all the Reasons to Immigrate to Australia
- Why Is the Points System Important in Australian Immigration Procedures?
- ARE YOU PENNY WISE BUT POUND FOOLISH?
- NEW LIMITATIONS ON APPROVAL OF SPONSORSHIPS FOR THE PARTNER AND PROSPECTIVE MARRIAGE VISA APPLICATIONS
- Looking for the Best Immigration Consultancy Firm in Melbourne? James Tan Immigration Consultants Is Your Answer
- Understanding Australian Immigration Laws
- Tips on Choosing Which State or Territory You Should Immigrate to in Australia
- The Importance of Immigration Assistance and Consultancy Services When Applying to immigrate to Australia
- AUSTRALIA - THE MOST FAVOURED COUNTRY FOR IMMIGRANTS
- AUSTRALIAN IMMIGRATON HISTORY
- What is The Immigration Criteria in Australia for Skilled Workers?
- WAENSILA’S CASE COMPELS CHANGES TO DEPARTMENT OF IMMIGRATION’S GUIDELINES ON SCHEDULE 3 CRITERIA
- Top Reasons Why People Immigrate to Australia
- How can Immigration Lawyers or Consultants Help You with Your Australian Immigration Visa?
- Sponsors For Family Visas To Be Scrutinised More Closely
- Australia Immigration: New Pathway for New Zealand Citizens to Obtain Permanent Residence in Australia